In the past few weeks, I finally have had the chance to start using Git. I’ve been mildly interested for about a year now, ever since a coworker of mine left the company and began using Git at his new company, but the sheer momentum of my company’s Subversion repositories was a big hurdle to overcome.
I was finally forced to move something onto Git when I put my statepicker module onto drupal.org, and Git was their only available VCS. After making the switch, and learning Git, I definitely agree with the general consensus that Git simply is better than Subversion. Having a DVCS just adds an incredible amount of flexibility to how repositories are set up, maintained and shared.
So on that note, I’ve begun to actually use the github account I set up a few months ago. The first thing I’m putting onto it is the repository for my Drupal rebuild of visual77.com. As far as future projects on it, the only other thing that I still want to do at some point is my Team Liquid Browser Extension. I’ve been unable to touch that since I first mentioned it because I’ve had very little time lately, but that isn’t a stillborn concept.